Thursday, December 24, 2009

A Macallan moment, Ben Vrackie, Perthshire, Scotland.


A Macallan moment, Ben Vrackie, Perthshire, Scotland.

A perfect 50th birthday! A super walk on Ben Vrackie, Pitlochry, Perthshire, Scotland on 24th December 2009. Helped on by a Macallan 15 year old Fine Oak, it really made my day! OK it's not a munro, but certainly one of my favourite corbetts and the best choice for the snowy conditions today!

Thanks to my good friends Doug, Allan and George for coming along in difficult conditions. Amazingly, as we descended, I met my hero, Andrew Dempster, who wrote the guidebook to the Grahams ( mountains between 2000 and 2500 feet in Scotland - I've 17 to go ) as well as one of my very favourite guide books, Classic Mountain Scrambles in Scotland! Unbelievable! As I kindly passed him a Macallan, he returned the compliment with a pint in the Moulin Hotel. A great end to a great day.

I've still got the evening to enjoy though!


Ben Vrackie, Perthshire, Scotland.


Yours truly with Andrew Dempster, Moulin Inn, Pitlochry, 24th December 2009


Macallan on Ben Vrackie, Pitlochry, Scotland.


View from Ben Vrackie, Perthshire, 24th December 2009

No comments: